Health & Beauty Salon Manager
We are excited to announce a vacancy for Health and Beauty Salon Manager for the Manor Health and Beauty Club, located in our beautiful 63 bedroomed hotel, with Restaurant, Function and Conference facilities.
The hotel itself is located within more than 10 acres of private woodland and lawn, making it the perfect setting for a pamper break, afternoon tea, a quiet stay or an idyllic wedding. There is ample client parking to ensure a stress-free client experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the hotel’s Health & Beauty Salon, consisting of Nail bar, Beauty Treatment rooms, Spray Tanning, Gym, Hot Tub & Saunas. The Salon Manager will be responsible for ensuring the best possible experience for our guests and external clients. You must have a dedicated commercial flair for business and be able to inspire the Salon team to exceed targets and grow the local business and our hotel guest and members client base.
Candidates must have a hands-on approach and be experienced in all treatments and services provided by the Health & Beauty Salon. Candidates will already have previous experience that goes with running a salon and managing a team, from induction through to training, performance management and team meetings.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Manage overall operations of the Health & Beauty Salon
- Have experience of marketing and a sound knowledge of how to develop the business and be able to extend our client base.
- Be flexible and able to respond to a range of different work situations
- Responsible for creating Health and Beauty Salon staff rotas/schedules as per the needs of the business
- Manage and carry out procedures and treatments, have current knowledge of treatments offered by the Health and Beauty Salon, and ensure all treatments comply with current legislation and company standards
- Ensure client experience is exceptional, including bookings, payments, consultations and treatments.
- Ensure that all cleaning procedures are adhered to and that the Health and Beauty Salon and its staff are well presented at all times
- Managing team members to ensure that they are highly motivated to ensure the very best of standards in client care
- Have the ability to meet and exceed financial targets including monthly/yearly budgets and be accountable for maintaining and operating within financial targets as well as net movement
- Manage customer feedback effectively to ensure that client base is maintained
- Be able to work under pressure
- Liaise with other hotel departments
- Maintain awareness of department security related to cash, stock control and equipment and ensure all department procedures are followed.
- Carry out stock takes as required
- Ensure health, safety and COSHH regulations are complied with and Health & Beauty rules are observed by members, clients and guests
- Elemis and CND training is preferred but not essential, as training can be provided
A flexible approach to working hours is essential, with the salon being open 6 days a week between the hours of 9am – 8pm. The successful candidate will be working 40-45 hours per week.
- 28 days paid holiday
- Competitive salary
- Preferential accommodation rates for yourself, friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Health & Beauty Club discounts
- Hotel discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free parking
Please state in your cover letter the answers to the following questions:
- How many years of Beauty Therapy experience do you have?
- How many years of Salon Management experience do you have?