Due to continued success, we are looking for a skilled Maintenance Assistant to join our existing team and perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and maintenance. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensuring that facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable and proactive with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and good physical stamina and be able to work under your own direction. Plumbing and Electrical knowledge is a plus.
Who Are We?
Set within 10 acres of beautiful private lawns and woodland, the privately owned Southcrest Manor Hotel, Redditch is conveniently located 4 minutes' drive from Redditch town centre and 20 minutes’ drive from Birmingham Airport yet offers a truly peaceful, rural setting in the heart of Worcestershire.
The former manor house boasts 63 stylish and spacious bedrooms, Oscar’s Restaurant and Conservatory Bar, The Manor Health & Beauty Club offering a range of spa treatments, a fully equipped gymnasium, Swedish & Infrared sauna’s’ and an outdoor hot tub, conference, banqueting and wedding facilities along with free parking and free Wi-Fi.
Days of work
The successful candidate will be required to work Tuesday - Saturday 8:30am - 4:30pm and will be required to be on call for very occasional emergencies. Please note that these shift patterns are subject to change during refurbishment works.
- Install appliances and equipment
- Equipment Maintenance
- Minor Electrics
- Painting and decorating - Including wallpapering
- Minor Repairs
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Changing light bulbs and ensuring other fixtures and fittings are in good working order
- Minor plumbing and carpentry
- Clearing or cleaning general areas
- Shifting furniture or equipment
- Assembling furniture or equipment
- Assisting the gardener with garden maintenance
- Footpath maintenance
- Clearing gutters
- Changing filters on air conditioning systems
- Maintaining property exterior and interior through the different seasons
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- A good eye for detai
- Takes pride in own work
- Time management - Ability to prioritise own workload
- Able to achieve high standards
- Able to work well as part of a team or individually
Excellent Pay & Benefits Package
- 28 days paid holiday
- Employee Incentive Scheme
- Competitive salary
- Preferential accommodation rates for yourself, friends and family
- Free gym membership
- Health & Beauty Club discounts
- Hotel discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Free parking
Job Type: Full-time
Please state in your cover letter the answers to the following questions:
- How many years of Basic Plumbing experience do you have?
- How many years of Carpentry and Joinery experience do you have?
- How many years of Minor Electricals experience do you have?
- How many years of Painting and Decorating experience do you have?
- How many years of plastering experience do you have?
- How many years of wallpapering experience do you have?